Saturday, March 24, 2018

“The Value-Driven You” Resurrection


“As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.
 Psalm 17:15

I often think about this Psalm and I say to myself,” Ron what is a value driven intimacy with God? What does that look like? And what are the character qualities that every Christian person possess or need to work on?

The apostle Paul exhorts Christians to “walk by faith and not by sight” 2 Corinthians 5:7 What Paul helps me see here is a contrast between truth and perception- “what we know, believe to be true and what we perceive to be true” with the two separate Kingdoms in mind (Law and Gospel). This is where I, as a Christian use to struggle, with a lack of faith finding my basis, separating the two. How about You? For me the main reason why I had a hard time with faith was my perceptions of truth being blinded by the secular world as I try to absorb the word of God; by many confusion types of “SWOT” a business concept (a simple framework evaluation used by business that help them look at strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that they face). But I applied it to my spiritual life of Faith.

First of all, Faith is not belief without Proof. We should reject that notion. Rather Faith is complete trust confidence, it is Faith-based, Faith in God and his Son, Jesus Christ. Despite this we as Christians still struggle with believing the biblical accounts of scriptures (like as we study Job) because it doesn’t matchup with our perception of “Google” this justice reality needed in this first kingdom world of the left. Think about it, in our daily world it’s hard to trust a stranger.

O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent? Who shall dwell on your holy hill? He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart; who does not slander with his tongue and does no evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; in whose eyes a vile person is despised, but who honors those who fear the Lord who swears to his own hurt and does not change; who does not put out his money at interest and does not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved. Psalm 15:1-5

Psalm 15 finishes us with a list of many of the necessary traits. David is trying to describe a righteous man who walks with integrity and gains not only the respect of others but also the audience with God. So, what drives your Values and ethics? What is your picture of a godly Person?

Just recently, I overheard a fellow Christian say this about me after I invited him to another bible study, “He acts the same there as he does here” In the first Kingdom my reaction could have been negative with the law in mind only but because I want to hold on to the Habits of Grace with a mindset of Intimacy with God My Reflection for you and myself are:

Define your identity, “who do you/I belong to”. If there are any discrepancies in what God says about you, replace them with the truth and Purpose. Live loved. Live out those words for you and the world to see and enjoy! You are His beloved! Second, develop a strong core of all these values. Spend time with God in the Word daily, applying all He speaks to your personal life with questions. Let integrity be worked through and through that is honest and trustworthy, reflecting God in your words, choices, and responses. Serve others in humility, bending low and lifting up one another’s with the essence of a strong love not gossip. Third, declare your vision mission. Write out your vision statement that you believe God gave to you when He created you and then list the ways you desire to walk out in mission of that vision statement:

“Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me”. Luke 9:23

God Bless You and This Ministry!

 




No comments: