Wednesday, March 28, 2018

"How to Live in the Sunlight"

“The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, and he was limping because of his hip”. Genesis 32:31

Oh, I walk with a limp these days and many people notice my limp lately uniquely at church. Sometimes, they even point it out to me or concernedly ask about it, as if I am too laughable to notice that one of my legs is too short and that my back and hips are constantly making a valiant effort to make up that difference: “Are you okay? You’re limping.” “You have a limp.” “What’s wrong with you?” “Why do you have a limp?”  Is it an old football injury”? The band plays on. “as they remind me of my Glory days of youth”.
Now, since I have no obligation to respond, educate these potentially well-meaning folks that I love dearly, about my condition, or give an answer, I have developed a coping strategy that works best for me, and it is to either ignore these people with a “smile” and/or pretend like they might be talking to someone else,” with a “smile”. Or response with what is a man to do, “with a “smile” Surprisingly, what usually works, is when I say’ “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” particularly when I am entering God’s House, “with a heartwarming smile
“Who is the man who desires life and loves length of days that he may see good? “Psalm 34:12

Hanging on to any moment, once it's gone, deadens us to the joys and lessons of the present. Dwelling on the hopes or fears of the future is an illusion that robs us of present life as well. So how shall we live in this day? So much to say --- so little space.
When we awaken each morning, it is with a cleanse plate. Time to focus on our gratitude for the day. So, for me I usually make a gratitude list. Even when I /we do not feel grateful, we thank God for those things in our lives that are good. Say these things in a prayer or better yet write them down if possible. This is the start of what makes me most excited about daily!
Remember God's faithfulness. The past is a cancelled note. The record is clean. It is ok to think of the past, but to obsess about it is to deny God's creative presence for us in this day. God is with us at this very moment. And for the Christian, the future can be faced without worry or fear.  The same God who has been faithful in the past, will lift us to pass through any challenge. Our faith that he is ever-present in our day, enables us to face it with confidence and joy. The hairs of our heads are numbered (perhaps a few less than yesterday). He cares even for the sparrow. How much more will he care for us today?
As you deny yourselves and take up your cross daily and follow Christ.
Do you ever think about looking for someone to loveLook for someone that you can make feel better today--every day. The spouse, the neighbor, someone on the sidewalk, someone in the care center home or hospital. Build someone up. Tell them why you are glad God made them. Tell them that they have a special gift. Thank them for their gentleness with you. If there is no one present--then look for someone until you find them and sing your joy to them.

“I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.” Psalm 104:33

Begin a hobby or interest that requires ongoing attention. It might be well to find a hobby that requires the participation of other people. As long as we are conscious and have breath, we can come up with a hobby.
5. Thank God at night for every event in this past day. It was a part of your reality today, and you are grateful for it. You may not have liked all of it. But if you have placed every event of the day in the hands of your loving Father, then you are filled with gratitude that you were able to experience the joys, disappointments, and lessons of this day.
speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,” Ephesians 5:19
Take the world, but give me Jesus
"O Love that follows all my way, I yield my flickering torch to Thee. 
 My heart restores the borrowed ray,
 That in Thy sunshine's blaze its day, may brighter fairer be"

Prayer: Loving Father, help us to look for joy and meaning in each day. Sometimes our days seem empty and without purpose. We know that even then you are with us. We want to live in this day no matter our trails. May we see the way. We wait for the healing ointment of your presence in our life’s, what a great friend we have in you. Thank you for each day, our strength and our redeemer Amen

God Bless You and This Ministry!


No comments: