Saturday, May 26, 2018

“Brick Walls”

Adore Me, “Never”, Abandon Me!

But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15 

Have you ever heard the sound of Grief when everyone around you were laughing? Have your ever worked so hard to prove yourself and still fill empty and abandoned? Has the word “insecure” been a Reason for your season of life? And finally has your loneliness been in the vapor of your rebirth to the cousin of Guilt?

You see the whole issue of abandonment, grief, guilt and insecurity has to be identified and then understood. It is possible to understand these weird and unexpected ripping currents, and not to get knocked down by them. With the help of?

God loves us. We know that in our minds, but often we don’t dwell in that land publicly.
But the reality of God’s love encircles us day by day, as brought to light in these inspiring Bible verses about God’s love below. We learn that…
·       God’s love is steadfast and unchanging- Psalm 136
·       God’s love comforts us- Psalm 23:4
·       God’s love is revealed to us through Jesus Christ- 1 John 4:9
·       God’s love is poured into us through the Holy Spirit- Romans 5:5
·       God’s love compels us to love one another- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15

After college I came to understand somethings about God. (not much but a bit) One of those things was my fear of being ditched by God. For some strange reason while riding on a Roller Coaster It came to me. You see one of my big fears or brokenness was heights and riding on a roller coaster. This understanding was the result of a Tracer, a rewind of a painful event. It makes us frequently or rarely think of a strong feeling that impact us, causing tears to spring up unexpectedly, sending grief, fear, abandonment sweeping over us “out of nowhere” or pushing us to behave in certain ways. You see my mom was my, “Tracer” she was not there; when I was a kid she would caution me to take care to avoid danger like swimming, riding a bike or being on a roller coaster. She would be there with me so I would not make mistakes and say something to me as a warning. But we were separated!

Jesus words often come to me with the help of his comforter (The Holy Spirit). As a result of being in the word, understanding Jesus’s words while He hung on the cross. You see Jesus was abandoned. His experience was so painful, he cried out those heartrending words, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? “Matthew 27:46 Prior to the cross, Jesus endured hours of pain and suffering. Yet not once did he cry out. It was not until he felt that separation from God that Jesus heart broke. He took on every Sin, “Why”, wages of sin are death. I realized that for Jesus, the greatest hurt was being temporary abandoned from God, His Father. It happened because God, in his holiness, cannot look upon Sin. So, when Jesus did this he was rejected He was ditched and felt abandoned. But it didn’t end with His death on the cross.

But in reality, His words point to something far different. They point to the fact that when Jesus died on the cross, all our sins—without exception—were transferred to Him. He was without sin, for He was God in human flesh. But as He died all our sins were placed on Him, and He became the final and complete sacrifice for our sins. And in that moment, He was banished from the presence of God, for sin cannot exist in God’s presence. His cry speaks of this truth; He endured the separation from God that you and I deserve. “Christ died for our sins…He was buried…He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.
This is a profound truth—and yet it also should bring us great comfort. Because Christ died for us, we need not fear death or Hell or judgment! The Bible says, “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God” (1 Peter 3:18).
I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—the Lord of hosts is his name.  And I have put my words in your mouth and covered you in the shadow of my hand, establishingthe heaven sand laying the foundations of the earth, and saying to Zion, ‘You are my people.’” Isaiah 51:15-16

I know we love asking God for things. We pray and follow up our requests with the phrase, “If it’s your will, Lord, Amen. I often use question as well to remind me of my purpose in life? What do you do along with prayer? This is to remind me to know, trust, believe and know we are loved by God and He especially does not “do” throwaways. You see we can heartily comprehend the love of God for us. Remember abandonment can be intentionally or uncontrollable circumstances but we are the intentional creation of the Lord Almighty!

My Prayer:

God, you know me better than I know myself. You know my fears, Tracers and my desires. I know you love me. I know you have a plan for me. Please, Lord, don't let my desires blind me to your will. If this is not within your plan for me, throw up a Brick Wall. Give me an obstacle I cannot get past. Help me follow your will, Father. Give me peace about whatever is to come. If this falls through, I will know it is your hand.

 God Bless You and This Ministry!




No comments: