Monday, May 7, 2018

Be a Cuddlier for God!

God Speaks Through Promptings
Romans 9:1
I am speaking the truth in Christ. I am not lying; my conscience enlightened and prompted by the Holy Spirit bearing witness with me.

In this verse, Paul writes about being “prompted” by the Holy Spirit.And I ask in the flesh, is it really necessary to be prompted to serve God? What is the purpose of changing our priorities to accomplish tasks that God could honestly do better and more quickly without us.

 Such promptings or nudges from the Holy Spirit are one-way God speaks to us. Let me be practical about this. Sometimes God prompts me to do something as simple as picking up a piece of clothing in a store that has fallen off of a hanger. I don’t hear his voice telling me to do so, but I feel a nudge on the inside, a desire to leave the place where I am better than I found it. The Lord uses our obedience to teach us more about his character. He may say to us. “Everything we do in life is an act of sowing seeds that will return to us. You reap whatever you sow if we sow seeds of excellence, and then we can expect excellent things to happen in our life.
Often, I ask myself this question especially when I fill that thorn in my side like Paul, “So if you get really great at being a Christian Ron, or at least you think you are, and you still haven't found that true purposefulness—then what? Do you ever have such deep thoughts?
Getting really good at being a Christian does it mean you stop thinking about you all the time? and take the focus off you and look for ways to be a blessing to someone else?
There is no better way to receive help and direction in your own life than to focus on someone else or better yet fill that emptiness first with a focus on Jesus. It seems completely opposite of what the world tells you. You see the world says,” be happy take a selfie”. After all, if you're not looking out for yourself, then who will? Well—that would be God. Because of the grace of God, I want to encourage you to step out and try to work with God to find your life purpose or his promptings. Reflecting God to All!
Peter addresses the importance of serving God in 1 Peter 4:10-11:“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. 
Another example for me was being prompted by the Holy Spirit to be a Teacher, Coach as well as a volunteer at church in several ministries. I asked myself after careful thought, Would I have the passion, who could I seek to help me shape my thoughts about this Ministry and finally If I could choose someone to be with me on the sideline whom would I choose. Whom would you choose if you were being prompted for your Mission? (Talk about David, calling coaches etc.) evangelism.
If you could run a lap or be on the field with someone   during the good times and the bad with whom who would it be? Think about this one, for me it would be David what would David say, “you can overcome all the limitation placed on you.” That is what he would say) Make me a servant “Me”
David vs. Goliath – even Saul who was 6”5 and 245 did not want David to go against Goliath. Saul offer his suit of amour you know David was only 5”5 145 pounds
David like some on this team never grew up in the lineup, he was last to be picked but the one thing he wanted to do was serve and give to others for the cause of the team, for him this was all gravy “is type of mission? For me, would it be just the coaching of the x and o’s of football or would I follow the promptings and nudging of the Holy Spirit to coach from a biblical way. I followed the promptings and received such a response from the players, parents and community that it has encouraged me to continue this journey. Being led by the inner promptings of God is an adventure and journey that makes everyday exciting and fresh. In learning to hear God we must learn to follow these gentle, inner promptings.
Prayer:
Oh, Heavenly father Help us to be sensitive to those nudges and promptings by your Holy Spirit, no matter how small or large they may be. Comfort us to never give up. We may not know your specific purpose/prompting today or tomorrow, help us to be really great at being achild of yours to serve others.

I give thanks to you for the gifts you have given us -our life, families, friends - time, talents, and material possessions.  All that we have comes from you.  Help us to remember this and rejoice in your goodness.

Walk with us, my God.  Help us on our spiritual journey, so that we may constantly renew our relationship with you and all the good people in our life.
Renew in me your Spirit.  Give me the strength and courage to become a better follower of Jesus, to be a disciple.  Help me hear the call to "Come, Follow Me."
 
I give glory to you, our God, as we make stewardship a way of life.

God Bless You and This Ministry!

No comments: