Wednesday, December 28, 2022

My Serendipitous thought, how is Jesus messing with You?Me


 “My Serendipitous thought by Sugar Bear is always  just having my eyes open daily,’ for how Jesus is mess in with you/me today’.” 

 

I tapped her on the shoulder in the post office line and gave the stranger one of my Sugar Bear cards. Usually, people are too busy scrolling through their email and social media on their phone to notice me. she started reading the front of my card and laughed at my nickname, “Sugar Bear loves you” But at the same time she noticed my shirt. In all honesty, I didn’t even remember there were words on the front of my shirt until she started pointing  and said , what a good sense of humor, I’ve always wanted to talk about the football transfer portal.

“That came at the perfect time. I needed to hear that today. “As I looked at her quizzically, she pointed to my shirt’ you want to enter the transfer portal? I said Yes, for Christ! How is Jesus mess in with you today? “I needed to hear those exact words today,” she said again, more emphatically. I had to think for a moment to remember the words to which she was referring.

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

I spoke to her simply about how I came to understand that there was no way I could be good enough or work my way to heaven and there is none who does good. I declared that salvation is a gift of God, not something earned and it is received only by faith which is to simply trust in or rely completely on the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ as payment for my sin. But what does that have to do with the Transfer Portal term? 

You see Jesus is moving out on his mission to redeem and restore all people to his Father’s kingdom. And he invites us to join him. ‘Come, follow me.’ Joining Jesus on his redemptive mission is what I mean by the term ‘missional transfer portal living’. Simply living each day as if it were a mission trip thru your individual unrestricted people portal. The difference, of course, is that instead of being on a mission trip to a foreign land of sports, we are on a mission trip to our own 100 foot community circle of influence. We are “Neighborhood Transfer Missionaries”. Finally ,the postal clerk said, “Next” and I said to her, “How’s Jesus been messing with you lately?” Her response with a knowing smile, I’m finding that Jesus is messing with a lot of us. So, in his grace Sugar Bear, Jesus has started messing with us and he needs our attention for that. Because he intends for us to join him. Let the adventure begin and continue with “Grace the ongoing, benevolent act of God working in us, without which we can do nothing “. John 15:5

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.  Hebrews 10:23

When I think about this verse there’s a different with God. If we let go of God he is still holding on to us. We can hold on to hope knowing the God of hope is holding on to us. And why because he who promised is faithful. When you promise something you are making a commitment to a future action. Something you will or will not do. So what are those promise from God we can hold on to? Good news the Bible is full of them. I want to point our three things. In 2 Thessalonians , God promises justice for those who have experienced in justice. Philippines 1:6 says, “He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ”.

And then finally in John 14 ,” Let not your heat be troubled; ye believe in God believe also in me, I will prepare a house for you and come back and get us, and not leave us or abandon. 

I don’t know what promises you need today. I encourage you to write a promise and put it on the Fridge and repeat it often, He who promised is faithful and we can count on God and His word. For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does,” declares Psalm 33:4 The Lord’s promises for our future is messing with us with hope for today. We can stand, walk, sleep, and wake securely in this truth: God is trustworthy to keep His Word and repeat it often 

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

God Bless You And This Ministry!

No comments: