Tuesday, June 18, 2019

How does God make tight loose change of us?

Or for you, Metonymies, How does God change us? 
Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord.
  “Should you not tremble in my presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
    an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
    they may roar, but they cannot cross it.
 But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts;
    they have turned aside and gone away.
 (Jer 5:22,23)

I am slowly bringing it together. I think about this topic most days? How does God bring about a makeover within the human heart? A change that is so deep that you begin to hate what you once loved, and love what you once hated. How is that “Sugar Bear”? A struggle with my Achilles’ heel, “weakness”.
I’m in the fourth quarter of this renewal game of life as if my frail bark had weathered a heavy storm, a come back which has made every extremity in my body groan. Do not attribute this illness to my having labored too hard for my Master. For my sinful nature gets in the way. Such toils as might be hardly noticed in the camp for the service of one’s realm, with energize astonishments we follow Jesus on his mission for the service of our God with Love. 

This barrier! Is our love of sin? We love it. Ask yourselfintuitively, “we have sinned”?  I say, we know better, But?  We all bear the very image of God Himself; when we sin, we mar that likeness. Sin becomes a big smudge on the man in the mirror, and it diminishes and it gets in the way of the beauty and holiness we were designed to reflect. 

Romans 3:23 says, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." 
You ask an alcoholic to part with his precious bottle and to him it is unthinkable. What is going to cause a person who is into (fill in the blank), to give it up when the appetite has been so strongly cultivated, perhaps even for years? How do you bring about a change? Or you think about somebody like me who harbored bitterness and anger my whole life as a “Invisible Man” from the world, not seeing the exceptional me, I use to think,” is this a Parable of Our lingering Time”? As I enjoy my candy, orange slices. Realizing,” I am nobody but myself”? Hmm 

To us it is of great comfort that we can have these feelings because they seem so right and so just and so justifiable, and yet, at the same time, those feelings may be destroying us, but who cares about being destroyed? “What I’m thinking about is only right,” we say to ourselves it’s about me, so how do you dislodge that? I dislodged it or freed myself on the field as an athlete and with many years of influent with mentors and the help from the Holy Spirit.  As I am reminded of presence conversion!
This conversion is metamorphous. It is an inner transformation. It is not simply a difference in appearance. It is even a difference in very nature. That’s how deep God’s transformation goes in our lives, so that which we loved, namely sin, we begin to detest.

We’d like to become spiritual by osmosis. We’d like it to happen while we are asleep. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to go to sleep worldly and wake up with a heart that is hot for God? Like taking a spoon full of sugar, suggested by the movie, “Mary Poppins”. One question I have asked myself anda common accusation against our Christian Faith"If we are born in sin, how is it fair for God to judge us for our sin?"
We need to answer this with love and patient. In particular, some people say that God sets us up for failure and then punishes us for the failure that He caused. If that were true, it would indeed be an unfair situation. Does God unfairly judge us for something we have no control over? This is where you, become the Christ in you(teacher), and say, what do you mean about that? Let’s, “look for the answers found in the Bible”.

God is not only fair, but merciful. The Bible’s teaching about personal sin doesn’t end with a declaration of man’s guilt. Romans 5, which tells us that sin and death entered the world through one man, also tells us of the greatest blessing, which also came through one man. God’s gift of grace came through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:15) and overflowed to many. 

“For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.” Romans 5:19Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world, so that the world might have life through faith in His sacrifice. That’s not “fair”—that’s grace!

And that’s what we’d prefer, but transformation doesn’t come that easily, and there’s a lot of pain, but there is a way. 
Transformed lives begin with the gospel message of Christ, for in it is the power of God. It is the gospel that brings us salvation: “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith’” (Romans 1:16-17.

My seriousness “wit” asks the question through Prayer, oh heavenly father help us with everything that I say in this message be important to us. Help us conclude absolutely crucial with truth, asking you God for such a great miracle to actually speak to human nature through your word, and to change what we once loved. Thanks for your grace to do whatever your plan points out needs to be done in our life to be altered by your power.
Father, we are helpless in the face of our loves, without you, and so we ask that you make tight loose change of us. There are some who come today with arms folded, hard hearts, intending to not change, we pray that you might surprise them with the mighty work of your Holy Spirit. And may all of us in one way or another be changed today for the better, for the glory of God, because after all, there is nothing else that matters. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
God Bless You And This Ministry!


No comments: