Thursday, October 19, 2017

This Desire’s A Consideration!!

Jesus Draw Us Close

There are places in scripture that are powerful, so deep, that to recite them is to experience them. Psalm 23 is one of those places for me. Psalm 23 is very personal. It is one of the first verses I learned as a believer especially during those occurrences when I needed a constant friend that covered parts of my life with a deep attending ear.

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he . . . Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of your words . . . Apply your heart to instruction, and your ears to words of knowledge . . . Do not let your heart envy sinners, but be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; for surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off. Hear, my son, and be wise; and guide your heart in the way."  Proverbs 23:7, 9, 12, 17-19

No matter how many times I say God is my Shepard, I must be reminded. I have yet to graduate from that truth,” Every want met”. Think about this foundational thought for a minute, “As my Shepherd, God cares, loves, provides and protects me”!  This basic Truth, “every need for me is met and everything else is secondary because I find satisfaction in God alone!” Smell the aroma and breath those words especially when you need a mentor/friend during those difficult times.

He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. As a Christian my life is two fold; resting, and lying on the bosom of Jesus without fear to serve the Lord. That leads us on a righteous path that glorifies him. Since he leads we are restored! I remember times as a kid how on a hot summer night during a severe thunderstorm. My mother would tuck me into bed. Just as she would turn the lights off I would want to say to her, “mama” could you stay with me all night.” You big sissy!” said the nature of my mind, “thinking my mother would be intolerant viewing me as a effeminate son I never showed her my fear.”

Oh my friends when you find yourself weak, in the dark, uncertainly of the future. When all the color has drained out of life, and your soul/heart is downcast, look up. Fix your eyes on Jesus his word, your Good Shepherd. Trust that he knows the way through this valley and will see you safety through. Believe that he has good reasons for taking you on this route even though it is unfamiliar. Hold on to the truth of the Gospel message that there is some thing better waiting on the other side of the Valley that will bring comfort and calm to the soul of those's who are a part of God’s flock by faith in Jesus Christ.


God Bless You and This Ministry!

No comments: