Thursday, October 26, 2017

KEEP IT SIMPLE




When I first began my high school coaching career I asked for guidance from my former college coach Earle Brue, I asked him what makes an effective leader?

He said first, Effective coaches or leaders are masters of simplicity or the popular buzzword I use to use was “KISS’ method,” What he meant was that leaders are good at identifying the most critical core elements of strategies and highlighting them consistently”. Plus they work on the basic fundamentals and are able to tell stories that motivate Toughness! All I could think of was “J-E-S-U-S”

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understandings in all your ways acknowledged Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverb 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6 posed a paradox for me spiritually. Think about it, we are to get wisdom and understanding but not void or apart from the Lord.

Hum, You see Life is complex and often stressful. 
Human understanding looks at this verse and tries to explain it in a different way! For me early on I used the word, ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’ from the movie Mary Poppins, it was magical for me in 1964. A Nonsense word meaning fantastic; a way for me to mask my brokenness and say everything is incredible, “even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious, if you say it loud enough you’ll always sound precocious”.

So I asked you a simple – but not easy – question: what is your spiritual story?

In such an environment how many times have we finally arrived to the surface of a drowning situation only to realize that it wasn’t you or something that did the work but it was God (The Holy Spirit)? This invites me to realize the importance of keeping it simple or “back to basics”. One of my favorite books of the Bible reminds me of that simplicity,”1 John”.

1.    1 John places a great deal of emphasis on the reality of Jesus Christ-His incarnation and His role as the Messiah. The Son of God came as a human being, lived a human life and died while human.
2.     1 John shows that more important than what we say or know is whether we walk in the truth and obey God’s commandments.
3.     1 John exposes the false teachers and strengthens the faith of true believers and stresses the importance of Christian fellowship and love for the brethren
4.    1 John’s writings were intended to reassure and comfort us Christian members who are contending with dishonorable individuals, words and thoughts intent on shaking our faith through false and heretical teachings and times.

I hope I’ve kept this simple enough for us to see the importance of our time with Jesus. It is so easy to get distracted by the oppression of trials and of the many things that call for our attention. Don’t stay that way! Simplify your life. Prioritize your time with the Lord. One thing is needed.
Keep-It-Simple-Sweetie. Spend some time with Jesus each day, and then face what life may bring through his word thru Prayer.

God Bless You And This Ministry!


No comments: