Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Together as a Christian Team

"Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus . . . He began to speak boldly in the synagogue.  When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately. When Apollos wanted to go to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him . . . On arriving, he was a great help to those who by grace had believed."  (Acts 18:24,26-27)
As people do we really care about each other? Do we have that deep relationship where we grow spiritually
each day together as we have our face buried in our phone or social media? Sometimes I think we have that waving neighbor attitude. We see each other as we leave for work, at church etc. but never get to know each other as an example of love between God and Man.  Some may say, “They do not need to know my business, it must be confidential or who can we Trust?” as always scriptures comes to mine when I hear this: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts; See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" 
Psalm 139:23-24
As a football coach, I would often ask my athletes at the beginning of the season (a bonding exercise
question), “what is my job?” They would respond often with,” all about me answers” such as; help us get a scholarship, to be famous and make a lot of money, girls, respect from a people or the best I can be.” My answer to them would be,” To Love You”! Pausing enough to get through the chuckles and half-suppressed macho thing, “oh coach get out of here.” I would say, “To Love You”! Then I would say, what is your job, silent, your job is to love each other. Every practice I would end with this. Finally, they began to recognize and appreciate each other’s unique qualities which lead to a development of a hugging, caring team defined with shouts of Love! We became unified. My question to you as believers of Christ, What is our Job?
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.1 John 4:7
Put your Trust in the Lord and it will allow you to serve another as a single unit for the glory of God, which is to Love each other unashamedly!

Gods Blessing and this Ministry!

No comments: