Thursday, August 6, 2020

“Investment Tip”

“In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps”. Proverbs 16: 9 


As a Christian I’m always trying to look to God’s word in order to learn about how I should be living all parts of my life, when it comes to my spiritual life, my personal life and career life. The above scripture is reminding us, what is going to happen is what God wants to happen. Seek the Kingdom of God and his righteousness (Mt 6:25-34), don’t worry for tomorrow, live in his presence right now, and watch him unfold his perfect plan before you.  This means live according to his principles in his Word, and lay down your life for him and for his Kingdom.  You cannot even imagine what he has in store for those who trust in him.

 

You know that old saying, "There's no such thing as a stupid question"? Yeah, we all know that's not true. There are stupid questions, and kids (and even adults) ask them often. Like, your teacher asks you on the first day of school things like part of your name, estimate your height, know what school you have attended last, know what languages you speak, where did you travel during your summer break. They are trying to get a sense of what school–at least so early in the year–seems to ‘mean’ to you. But as a business teacher I often would ask my students this question. “what is the greatest invention in the world’ I use to think but what else should you know to get them to “Think” and be engaged mentally? 

 

Most would response by saying from the wheel to the first use of pigment, and also say many of mankind’s most influential innovations are impossible to trace. Some would say more recent inventions, like the priming press, google, the steam engine and the satellite are some that are more easily credited. Regardless of where they originated, these inventions speak of who we are, or where our mindset is and of course, where we are headed. But I wanted to leave them with a lasting “Investment Tip”. My answer to them would be, “Compound Interest”. They would say, what is that?

 

I have a way of life that has evolved over the years. It’s based on our natural ability of forming habits. We are slaves to our habits because they control how we act, and thus determine whether we succeed or fail. To change your habits, you must replace bad habits with good ones. I decided to start afresh by building good habits daily to replace mediocrity and bad habits by spending time with the Lord in (his word, journalizing and prayer) silence when I wake up in the morning after lunch and just before I go to sleep. I call this the part, part, whole method of spiritual repetition. This has help me greet each day with love in my heart and approach everything and everyone with love.

 

“Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love”. 1 John 4:8

 

It has helped me through every disappointment throughout my life. It has helped me be calm have serenity and oftentimes I can rise above every distressing circumstance while moving on with courage and hope. My grandmother shared with me many old school sayings with me before she passed away, one was, “what looks like the end of the road,” she would say is only a turn in the road, the beginning of a new and more profitable experience. You are never beaten unless you give up. “I have tried hard to live by this philosophy, but sometimes I just need a better investment tip that would guaranteed me to never fade.

 

Listen to Jeremiah 9:23-24 , Thus says the Lord, “Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord, exercising loving kindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight, says the lord. The only true road to me is to try to understand and know God. God says that the source of our joy and sense of importance ought to come not from our own wisdom or abilities or possessions, but from the fact that we know Him. From time to time during quiet times, can you imagine for a moment living way back in the first century with the apostle Paul. I request him to write a letter or investment tip prayer for us today. What do you think would be his first trip to God for us? Believe it would be that we increase our knowledge of God and know our history. A knowledge that is more than an intellectual knowledge of God but one of a personal kind. We must realize that it is possible and we must desire to know that salvation is not the end of the Christian life, it is merely the beginning. Is it comparable to birth? 

 

How can we increase our knowledge of God? Can we be content with only a casual acquaintance with God? How can we know Him better? These are questions that continually we will ask and search for. I ask, “are you closer to God now than you were ten years ago?”. I am thankful that God chose to reveal himself in such a way that we cannot only apprehend him but also have a personal relationship with. Truly recognizing God involves our commitment to obey what we read in the Scriptures. After all, we were created to do good works Ephesians 2:10 in order to be part of God’s plan of continuing to reveal Himself to the world. We carry the responsibility to live out the very faith that is required to know God. We are salt and light on this earth Matthew 5:13-14, designed to bring God’s flavor to the world and to serve as a shining light in the midst of darkness. Not only must we read and understand God’s Word, we must apply it obediently with Love in our heart and remain faithful .Hebrews 12:1-3. 

 

“May the words of our mouths and the mediations of our heats be pleasing unto You, our Rock and our Redeemer.” Psalm 19:14

 

God Bless You and This Ministry!

No comments: