Monday, September 30, 2019

“Difficulty with Every Snivel”



 An Elaboration of a Thespian

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

I know the Glory before me, I thought.? He is always by my side as I ran full speed like an elaboration of a thespian. First, we need to understand that the joy the world gives is not the same as the joy the Spirit gives. Worldly joy or happiness comes and goes as often as waves hitting the shore. It isn’t something you can cling to when you’ve lost a loved one, facing bankruptcy, fighting cancer or an any major physical setback. The Spirit’s joy or happiness, on the other hand, can stay with you for the long haul. For the believer, the fruit of the Spirit, including joy, is like a bottomless well of water—there’s always an abundant supply. Even in the darkest days, when sadness, grief, and loss may threaten to overwhelm you, God’s joy is there. I don’t need a legacy 
“Have mercy on me, have mercy on me, O you my friends, for the hand of God has touched me”!Job 19:21

“I should have never gotten this far”, as the echo’s ring. I’ve seen happy, I’ve seen sad but my testimony is for you Lord. Hold my hand, Rather, just as a father lovingly guides and patiently disciplines a child with his hand, so are we guided by the hand of God.I cling to you every day. Question: what are three things you think about every day?

The Bible says in Colossians 3:17 “Andwhatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him”. 

This verse is the foundation of my Faith Journey to you Today; as we follow Him and seek “Fishers of Men”!

 There was a time I was losing bad. At the time, nothing could bring me down then, “The impact caused a tear of the Medial collateral ligament and Anteriorcruciate ligament,I could not see the end of the rainbow but it was near. It only seemed like a blink, especially after you played your last college game. Many relationships, including the one you have with yourself identify, are about to radically change. You are about to enter the zone of, “What’s your Name”? When did you play? A thousand stories of whispers about this day, “a residue legacy”. Not me? I thought, “Was this my 400 years of silence, a reference to the time between the Old Testament and New Testament, during which God did not speak to the Jewish people”? You ever felt separated from God?

By comparing what we hear to the truth of Scripture, can we learn to recognize God’s voice and know God’s joy? You can consider each trial joy, you can greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory even when you feel like you are face-first in the mud puddle. You can endure whatever circumstances are making you quake in your boots right now. If you have been saved through faith in Jesus Christ—you have all you need. What is your open-door season on trial joy? I want God but how could I Grab onto God’s joyful hand? 

The more we recognize the hand of God, the better we will be able to follow His lead. Through the study of God’s Word, a strong prayer life, and an abiding trust in God, we can learn to recognize, trust, and enjoy the hand of God moving in our lives. Included is for us to be prepared for the defense of the Christian faith. Look at 1 Peter 3:15, which says that believers are to make a defense "for the hope that you have."

“My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words.  Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one's whole body”. Proverbs 4:20-22

IT’s day one of the rest of my life in this unfamiliar territory which was daunting. All of a sudden, the focus that was once on you is now directed at others: the college athletes who are still competing. Man is this a nightmare? Skills that were developed as a student-athlete are transferable will take a lot of strictness and loneliness for this new team. Will it help me successfully transit to life after sports? Why wasn’t I in the moment of innocents reflecting each day before this rescue moment. Why didn’t I Hear the whispers under my Awareness breath, “Reflect Daily” was the song at the middle of the marching because worldly joy or happiness comes and goes as often as waves hitting the shore.I was compassionate, faithful, truthful, kind, patient, and just. At least until those attributes in us were distorted by sin, which also resides in our nature. I heard it. But was I listening? This would have been a first step in finding my new “team.” A new life, “In Christ”

Stop wallowing, whining, and complaining and grab onto God’s joy and “contend earnestly,” use your attribute as though an athlete striving with extreme intensity to win the victory as in a physical competition but now as a spiritual participant.

 Just like salvation, joy is a free and perfect gift from Him, and we must reach out and accept that gift. Grab onto it. Like a lifeline. Choose joy, Over bitterness, anger, and sorrow. Decide to choose joy every day and focus on “Eternal Life”. No matter what. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability” (2 Corinthians 8:2-3) “You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit” (1Thessalonians 1:6). “Be joyful always” (1 Thessalonians 5:16). 

Having the mind of Christ makes me shout,“I don’t need a legacy just Jesus,my new Team”?

The challenge then is to truly learn how to consider each trial joy.Reflecting and journaling on how you are approaching these areas of change helps. How have these things changed? What continues in a different form or a new version of what you had? Where can new relationships fit in? As with most things in life, when something ends — such as your student-athlete career — there is an opportunity for something else to begin; maybe a life joining Jesus on his mission, as a servant.

God’s joy really is there. You can consider each trial joy, you can greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory even when you feel like you are face-first in the mud puddle. You can endure whatever circumstances are making you quake in your boots right now. If you have been saved through faith in Jesus Christ—you have all you need, your new Team. “Jesus Saves”! “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2).

God Bless You and this Ministry!


No comments: