Wednesday, August 29, 2018

“You Can’t Make Me”



“Servants cannot be corrected by mere words; though they understand, they will not respond”.Proverbs 29:19

“What Do I See”? is a question that Plays the part of a mystery when I’m concerned about…? 

People are first influenced by what they see. I’ve experienced this first hand as a coach and as a Teacher. If you have children, then you've probably observed this as well. No matter what you tell your children to do, their natural inclination is to follow what they see you doing. For most people, if they perceive that you are positive, trustworthy and have a commendable persona, then they will seek you as an influencer in their lives.

When you meet people who don't know you, at first you have no influence with them at all. If someone they trust introduces you to them, then you can temporarily "borrow" some of their influence. But as soon as they have some time to observe you, you either build or bust that influence by your actions. 

“Open my eyes that I may see    wonderful things in your law.” Psalm 119:18

I can’t stand to be in the same room., you often perceive this about people, especial a strong-will one with lots of opinions. Something happens with a strong-willed individual. The loving person says “Strong will means to me disobeying”.  Many people suspect the strong-willed person is deliberately trying to drive them crazy, you think they are not listening. Difficult to understand and seemingly impossible to motivate, these children of God present unique, exhausting, and often-frustrating challenges to those who love them. You may even think they only want to be served and not to be Servants! You don’t what to change the strong will. It’s not your aim I suspect, to get the strong will out of that person is figuring how to get the best out of that person for the will and glory for God,you see He wants to direct it and use it for His purposes. 
God gives us Free will, free will is reflected in the language of Jesus. Paul says this: The human will be free when it is not in bondage to prefer and choose irrationally. It is free when it is liberated from preferring what is infinitely less preferable than God, and from choosing what will lead to destruction.Being “free indeed” as scripture says (true freedom) comes by “God's changing our nature” to free us from being “slaves to sin.” and endowing us with “the freedom to choose to be righteous.”

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps”. Proverbs 16:9

At first glance, the strong-willed might seem like they’re just stubborn, defiant, difficult, augmentative only wants to be served, but that’s not actually the definition of strong-will God uses; those words describe bad behaviors as a result of strong will. “Strong will, in of itself, is a very positive trait,” To me. “A strong-willed person is not easily daunted or discouraged, holds firm convictions, and doesn’t often accept defeat

Whether an "everyman" like Jacob or a man of supernatural strength like Samson, the Bible tells the story of many strong-will persons used especially by God.A person using strong will in positive ways is fiercely loyal, determined to succeed, and often extraordinarily devoted to accomplishing goals.” The firm convictions, high spirits, a sense of adventure—all the makings of a great adult/child are wonderful qualities, I looked for those types especially on Defense as a football coach.
So easy to write so many tickets. Let me explain this as the imagery within their eyes as, “lectures and stop yelling at me”. Why not build a relationship with me to bring out the best in me, using the following as a guide?

1. Value my ability to see our world from a common perspective of spiritual likeness.
Find ways to appreciate and make the most of our strengths and gifts, even when I frustrate you.
2. Remember, we need captivating missional mindsets together, not just chores to do. Don’t be the “big boss.” I’ll respect your influence of words more when as you often remind me of the point of our daily lives,” as part of Jesus redemptive mission in our community.”
3. Ask for my input continually; keep me in the information loop in all fashions. Don’t lose hope even if I do not hear you but give me some ownership in the process and the outcome.
4. Protect our relationship—you won’t get much from me without one.
Respect and value who I am, and I’ll cooperate with you most of the time.
5. Smile at me more often. Keep your sense of humor and try to smile, even when you don’t like me.
6. Don’t let me push you around, but don’t push me around either.
Don’t be afraid to stand up to me; just don’t run over me. Remember the parable of the lose Sheep, 
(Luke 15:3–7). It is about a shepherd who leaves his flock of ninety-nine sheep in order to find the one which is lost.
7. Remind me how much you love me. Find subtle ways to keep reminding me your love will always be there.
 “And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days. I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; or on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, even among the survivors whom the Lord calls”. Joel 2:28-32
"One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.” By Mary Stevenson

If your experience is like mine, sometimes it seems that God has left us alone to deal with the floods that occasionally sweep over us and we get an attitude filled with strong-will that blocks us from Listening. Let us reflect on the following questions together:

Who are You?
Whom Do You Belong To?
What is Your Purpose?

“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm”. Proverbs 13:20

PRAYER: Faithful Father, thank you for your constant presence in our lives. Sometimes we don't see, listen or feel that presence when storm clouds hang over us. In those moments remind us that nothing can separate us from your love. In Jesus Name Amen!

God Bless You and This Ministry!







No comments: