Sunday, May 31, 2020

“Angry Inside”


“When you are disturbed, do not sin; ponder it on your beck, and be silent”. Psalm 4:4

Is anger sinful? No, though it can certainly lead to sin. The above scripture depicts anger springing form anxiety, which proves especially troublesome on sleepless nights. The psalm prayer suggests that, rather than venting your worry in outbursts against others, you should examine your own heart.

As I read God’s word, learning that in this life we will never be as close to God as we ought to be or desire to be. Because of our Sin. So, my question is, “What am I loving so much right now that my heart is moved to feel angry? “If you ask that question, it maybe because many, many times the thing you’re defending is your ego, your pride or your self-esteem; and not understanding that God will never fail us, so that we can Trust and Forgive others.

” Leaving me with the help of the Holy Spirit, this thought, “Have a Life of obedience.” “If you Love me keep my Commandments”.

The new man may, get angry, but he does not sin. The new man knows, how to let go of his wrath, thus giving opportunity to the devil. The devil’s work is to accuse and divide the family of God, and sow discord among then. When we harbor anger in our heart, we do the devils work for him. 

The observable explanation to jumbled love is tidy that love. But we can’t flip a switch for that. We can’t just stop loving one entity wrongly to start loving the most lovable object rightly — that is, unless we’re strengthened by the Spirit to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge. Ephesians 3:14-19 
We have all live through anger at some point in our lives, and it can be a real problem. Though it starts out as an innocent feeling, it can quickly grow into something critical that’s hard to manage.   

But with God’s help, we can learn how to deal with our feelings, walk in His peace and grace.   
I’ll admit, years ago I pretty much did and said anything I felt like. I have a pretty strong personality, so if you said something to upset me, there was a good chance I would let you know about it with bad intentions and incredible meanness.  All the while, brushing off my rude behavior by saying “just kidding” even though knowing I was not joking.  Why?  Was its self-center ness or no regard for others? You see as a young man born decades during the heyday of the Civil Rights movement; I saw victimhood as my defining element of my existence. I used anger to fight this fear of disenfranchisement that fueled my anti-social behavior. 

Do anger people have a sense of fulfillment by being mean, and engaged in mean behavior, to gain attention and power? Maybe or do they confuse respect with fear, believing that they will gain respect by mistreating others. Who has the control the weak or the powerful? A plaguing of my immature childish mind, of yesterday servitude in mind. but now my conscious eye’s view, victimology as not a spectator sport, but as an enlightening tragedy.
“When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, ‘Do you want to be made well? “’ (John 5:6). How easy can it be for a victim mentality to creep in? 

The first thing we can see here is that Jesus knew that this man did not get sick a week ago. This disease had gripped this man for most of his life. One thing Jesus could know is that someone who has a disease for a long time can end up wrapping their identity around their disease. What comes against us can end up becoming a part of our identity if we are not discerning.
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong”.  
2 Corinthians 12:10

Thank God, over time He changed me through His Word and helped me begin to manage my emotions through the power of His Holy Spirit.  “Anger is not a sin—it is what you do with it that becomes sin.”  
I learned how to operate in self-control, which means I didn’t always say everything I wanted to say. Now, that’s Free from being dumb!
The Bible says, When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down. Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him].
These verses don’t say, “Don’t get angry” or “If you ever get angry.” They say, “When [you are] angry.”
point of not being able to control yourself “and do not give the devil a foothold”. Ephesians 4:27
Stay Cool, Calm & Collected.
 2 Corinthians 10:5 instructs us to take every thought captive into the obedience of Christ before it becomes a stronghold in our mind. In other words, we can choose what we are going to think and dwell on.   
So, when you feel yourself getting upset, the sooner you say “No!” to those thoughts and feelings, the better. Instead of letting the anger control you, you can pray something like:   
“God, please help me. I know being upset is not going to get me anywhere. This person hurt my feelings and that was wrong, but I’m not going to act on this. With Your grace and strength, I’m going to control myself, and I’m going to trust You to take care of the situation.”   Do you really want to be healed?

We cannot control how others act or respond, but we can make the changes that need to be made on our part. Overcoming a temper is not accomplished overnight. But through prayer, Bible study, and reliance upon God’s Holy Spirit, ungodly anger can be overcome. We may have allowed anger to become entrenched in our lives by habitual practice, but we can also practice responding correctly until that, too, becomes a habit and God is glorified in our response.

I want to encourage you to forgive those who have hurt you. Let go of any angry feelings you’re holding on to and place those situations in God’s hands as we join Jesus of his mission, with the mindset of a rescuer. God is bigger than our emotions. 

God Bless You and This Ministry!


   


No comments: