Saturday, October 27, 2018

Have You the Audacity!


 “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you”. Romans 8:11
It is hard to drive anywhere in Metro Denver without seeing some expression of support for the Denver Bronco’s these days. Amid the outbreak of fan (and yes, fanatical) support, it provides a great time for us to talk about having the compatible spirit of sports with Christianity.
The Apostle Paul says bodily exercise is of some value (1 Tim. 4:8) and then he calls us on to even more, by pursuing godliness like we would a prize.
So, should Christians have the “Audacity” for Christ like big sports fan? The answer is, I believe, yes.

This means, If the Spirit be in us, Christ is in us. He dwells in the heart by faith. Grace in the soul is its new nature; the soul is alive to God, and has begun its holy happiness which shall endure forever.
You and I are called to be different from the world around us and we are given practical instructions on how to do this. Paul writes, ‘Let us not be like others. Dare to be different. “So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober”.1Thessalonians 5:6

I dare You! It has been a thousand miles from nowhere since my partnership with Christ. Ten thousand, nine hundred fifty days of inspiration, motivation depression, empowerment, confusion, sorrow and wisdom. At first, I used to worry about making decisions for God. I used to be afraid to step out on faith and declare I was going to do something new. I’d think, “What if I fail? What if no one likes me? Or speak to you” Then one day, I found out it wasn’t my power that was going to carry it out anyway, it was God’s. So why not be intentional and seek the kingdom of God daily? 

I’m reminded of a story, “A young woman brings home her fiancé to meet her parents. After dinner, her mother tells her father to find out more about the young man. The father invites the fiancé into his study. “So, what are your plans?” the father asks the young man. “I am a Bible scholar,” he replies. “A Bible scholar. Hmm, “the father says. “Admirable, but what will you do to provide a nice house for my daughter to live in as she’s accustomed to?” “I will study,” the young man replies, “and God will provide for us. And children? Asks the father. How will you support children?” Don’t worry, sir, God will provide, “replies the fiancé. The conversation proceeds like this, and each time the father questions, the young idealist insists that God will provide. Later the mother asks, “How did it go, Honey?” The father answers, “He has no job and no plans, but the good news is he thinks I’m God.”

Proverbs 11:14 says “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” Now, it is time for us to place all of our spiritual energy into action. As Jesus speaks to you, this is my challenge. It is difficult to put a challenge on paper. I would rather look you straight in the eyes and say, I dare you!”. But in my mind, I have imagined that I am on the bottom of a seesaw looking up at you saying: “see and hear the voice of Jesus on our daily walk with him and speak to people, pray for them and find something good to do in your 100-foot circle of pre-Christian as well as friends and neighbors.

Ephesians 4:1 says “Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called. “I dare you to be so bold to develop the enduring qualities of Jesus. I urge you to see the bigger picture as Apollo did; to be very knowledgeable, but willing to be taught 
by someone lesser than he. I challenge you to make our worship home a centerpiece for love, ministry and outreach beyond a building. Revisit and set out boldly in spite of the odds to become, a purpose driven community of believers, one that is God honoring. Reimburse yourself and turn a deaf ear to any negative talk and to any worldly excuses; step to the plate and be led by the Holy Spirit. Having the courage to put on the new self and rediscover our missional dedication, through Bible study and prayer, like Daniel.

Daniel’s motto might have been:” Always do what is right no matter how much it may cost.” I challenge you to become totally involved and not forget the Fruit of the Spirit; becoming so strong in the word daily; “And you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth.” This power is essential for the challenges of an ever-expanding witness, with Christ to others.

 Acts 1:8 Jesus answered and said unto them, “Ye Do Err, Not Knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.” (Matthew 22:20) Be rejuvenated and build new relationships within the community becoming alive with possibilities and think outside the box. “Have You the Audacity!”

God Bless You and This Ministry!


No comments: