Saturday, December 16, 2017

I Pray for God’s Wsdom



And David said to God, "Was it not I who commanded the people to be numbered? I am the one who has sinned and done evil indeed; but these sheep, what have they done? Let Your hand, I pray, O Lord my God, be against me and my father's house, but not against Your people that they should be plagued."  1 Chronicles 21:17



Times of trials and sufferings not only reveal a persons true character, but also present opportunities for significant personal lessons. Just recently, I had an event in my life when I truly heard the voice of God. It was not audible, but in my heart and mind, He clearly spoke. I had just sat down for my weekly Light Life Bible Study and I began to have the most severe pain in my stomach. It was so painful that my first response to this painful spiritual bout was panic; I thought to myself I could will myself through this. After the pain intensifies ,I knew I could not do this on my own strength, I can't fight. But when we ask God for help and seek His power, then we experience victory. I prayed for God’s wisdom, comfort, healing, and guidance and in His mercy He clearly spoke to me. I was able to drive myself to the ER and get help.

“Jesus also had Satan whisper in His ear, but because of His close, personal relationship with the Father, He withstood the lies. Satan tempted Him three times and every time, Jesus used the Word of God against him. After the third temptation, Satan knew he could not beat Jesus, so … the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.” Matthew 4:1-11

Following a major victory over the Philistines, King David made a major mistake. The king chose to listen to Satan, stopped trusting God for the defense of his nation, and undertook a census. 

David's willingness to take responsibility for his foolish action demonstrated his depth of character. He repented and accepted punishment from the hand of God, trusting in the grace of God. Even so, David's error snuffed out the lives of seventy thousand Israelites. When Christians mess up or have personal difficulties panic

We try to hide our sufferings, or run from God. But David admitted his failure and repented. Although he faced many difficulties, David worked to restore his relationship with God and did whatever he could to minimize the consequences of his failure in the lives of others.

God Bless You and This Ministry



No comments: